Thursday, February 6, 2020

2020 Topps Reds Base Set is On the Way

I ordered my Series 1 Topps 2020 Cincinnati Reds Team Set today on eBay. Today's also the first day that I saw the design for this year's flagship brand from Topps. I'm not too thrilled with the look of this year's design. For whatever reason, I just get the feeling that Topps is slowly blending the look of it's flagship brand with Bowman. I can't stand it. You could once tell what cards belonged to what brand...now, not so much. In addition to that, Topps also decided to include short prints once again in this year's release. Some are ok, but this is the second consecutive year that they've included a super short print (that being the Aquino closeup). It's bad enough that the Aquino short prints are selling in the $40 price range on eBay and I've yet to see a super short print appear on the site. I'm sure those will be going well north of $100. Maybe in a few weeks the prices will drop as everyone's rushing to buy their cards now, but I doubt those Aquinos will fall simply because of what he did at the end of last season and the fact that his card has that little RC logo on it.

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Yeah... I can definitely see the whole Topps/Bowman blend in this design.