Thursday, March 10, 2022

Half empty or half full?

It's always nice to know as a collector that once you hit the halfway mark of a set or any other goal you set out to achieve that once you hit the halfway mark then it should be all downhill from there. Of course, more often than not, collecting is like running a marathon. You have to be in it for the long haul and while it can be daunting at times and seem nearly impossible, once you acquire that last card then you realize the accomplishment you've achieved. Today, I crossed the halfway mark on my Votto Parallel Universe project. I now have 45 of the 90 cards I'm chasing for this project. Card number 45 is this 2019 Topps Chrome Indigo box topper numbered out of 150. I'm not sure what number in the print run it is since I still need to receive it in the mail, but it's definitely a nice card and can't wait for it to arrive. I also don't have all the photos listed on the project page since they're currently in my COMC inventory and I don't want to use a picture with their watermark on it. I'll be content to wait until I have those in hand before I post those pictures. It's been a fun project to tackle so far and I can't wait to see what other Votto cards I can add to this.

2 comments:

Jimetal7212 said...

I'm a half-empty type of guy, but that's me. I see that I still have a way to go before hitting the finish line but hitting 50% is a good feeling. I have a few sets that are in that boat right now and the marathon metaphor is oh so fitting... With that said, congrats. For some things, getting halfway isn't easy.

Swing And A Pop-up said...

Occasionally if I'm trying to figure out whether the glass is half empty or half full, I just try to find a smaller glass.