Friday, August 5, 2011

1967 Topps


Another set from the 1960s, another set that I like. Topps kept this design simple with a white border around the card, the team name in big letters at the bottom, facsimile autograph, a colorful green back and descent photography.This set has my favorite Pete Rose card produced by Topps. I love the old Reds pinstripe uniform that Pete's wearing along with his stance and a beautiful shot of Crosley Field in the background with a nice blue sky. This card is as close to photo perfection as possible (at least that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it). Some of the other highlights are the high number cards of Tony Perez and Vada Pinson, a couple of my other favorite former Reds players. I just wish Cincinnati would have kept Frank Robinson instead of trading him to Baltimore a year earlier....then this set would be one of my favorites of all time.

No comments: