Tuesday, August 2, 2011

To Relic or Not To Relic


That is the question. And the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to stay away from purchasing relic cards for my collection. It helps to know that I'm not the only collector out there that has this feeling. In fact just today I read an old post from SportsCollectorOz. While I do admit that I think Relic cards were cool when they first came out, I think they're completely out of hand now and destroying numerous artifacts that would be best left alone and completely preserved. The other thing that troubles me about recent relic cards are their authenticity, as mentioned in a post I read by The Mojo Beard. What the hobby learned from the 90s was that too much of a good thing can be a bad thing when it comes to production and now I think the same can be said for relics.

No comments: