Wednesday, August 3, 2011

1974 Topps


Since I mentioned in my 1980 Topps post the other day about the 1974 Topps set, I decided to follow it up today. I do love this set from the 1970s as one of my favorites. Not sure exactly why, maybe the design or it could be the photography. It might also have to do with the fact that the 1975 set was a little too colorful for my liking. Nothing worse than a rainbow of colors exploding onto cardboard as it does for the 1975 Topps set. My most favorite card from the 74 Topps Reds set would have to be the Concepcion card. Very sweet shot of him fielding the ball. On a side note, I found out the other day that Concepcion used the astroturf to his advantage in Riverfront Stadium by one-hopping the ball across the field to first when throwing a hitter out. How cool is that? Just about as cool as the 1974 Topps Reds team set.

No comments: